Monday, January 21, 2013

KIMCHI FRIED RICE

This dish went live on KIMCHI CHRONICLES TV.  A food cooking show that talks all about KOREAN FOODS.  So love the show that every episode I want to taste all their recipes.  The taste that makes me crave and determine to be with them while they're cooking and eating at the same time.

KOREAN RESTAURANT here in the Philippines gains popularity with the local community. So why not try it at home, so I am sharing this recipe with you.


photo credit: Wootang01 via photopin

Serves 4

Ingredients:

Directions:

Heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and salt. Cook, stirring now and then, until beginning to soften and brown, about 3 minutes. Add the kimchi and cook for 1 minute to combine nicely with the onion. Add the rice and stir thoroughly to combine. Cook until the rice is warmed through and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Notes from the author of KIMCHI CHRONICLES:
This recipe couldn't be simpler. It’s one of the best ways to use leftover rice—something I often seem to have a lot of—and its success is actually based on the dryness of day-old rice which browns and crisps much better than fresh, soft rice. One of my most guilty, happiest pleasures is to make this late at night (usually after a lot of karaoke) and eat it with cheese (slices of American melted into it, if you must know).
Recipe credit to KIMCHI CHRONICLES
KIMCHI FRIED RICE or Kimchi Bokkeumbap is a popular dish in South Korea. It is made primarily with KIMCHI and a RICE, along with other ingredients like diced vegetables, pork, beef or sea foods.  But PORK and SPAM are the most common.  And sometimes they served it with fried egg on top of the dish.     


9 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of kimchi but that sure looks delicious! Maybe we'll try it with a different variant--with vegemeat instead of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! i'ma try this one also! my family loves kimchi! this is gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of some Korean food but not much of kimchi but a friend of mine does. I will be sharing this post with him so he can try cooking it at home instead of going to Korean resto where price are a little expensive =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither anyone in the house except me has tried Kimchi Fried Rice but I'd give this dish a try for them to taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like kimchi but never tried mixed with rice. This will be my new food escape, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love kimchi. I did not know it can go with rice. I must try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've eaten kimchi before and just few weeks ago but mixing it with rice? Well, a new recipe to try and I do hope that even one Korean resto here in Davao City will serve kimchi fried rice.

    Or perhaps, ikaw luto sa recipe unya ako kaon. Wahehe! Deal? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kimchi as side dish but mixed as fried rice, would be something new. I will try to experiment this at home. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure Jonas...punta ka sa house namin. Luto tayo nyan..lol

    ReplyDelete